Wednesday 8 January 2014

Brewday: Mutant Parsnip Wine

My good lady Jane has been wanting me to make a Parsnip wine for a while now and we had been growing some parsnips down on the allotment for just that purpose. Unfortunately we have had to harvest them early as we have had some issues on the allotment we have had to deal with. Anyhow we dig them all up and they are small and rather freaky looking things indeed.



I have followed +Andy Hamilton's recipe for Parsnip wine on page 260 of his book Booze for Free. I think it is the most complicated recipe that I have done thus far, only due to the fact of the amount of pans and pots used, and making up a raisin syrup.

Anyhow it's currently cooling in a fermenting bucket, I'm not a big fan of parsnips myself but from what I have heard this wine doesn't taste to much of them, but we shall see in a few months or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment