Friday 11 April 2014

UPDATE: Evil Dog American Double IPA (KIT)


Three weeks and this beer is still fermenting, it just hasn't stopped, nor any signs of slowing down yet. The Specific Gravity started out at 1.062 and was supposed to finish at 1.008. Checked in on this beer last night and it was down to 1.004 and still going. That means it's already at 7.7% ABV.



I was hoping to bottle this beer this week, but it looks as tho' I'm going to have to wait a while longer. Had a check around the WWW and found that this kit does reach stilly ABV values and can take a long time to finish fermenting, so I'll have to just wait it out.

Tasted the beer from the sample that I took to read the SG, and no signs of any problems or infections, high alcohol kick to it with some nice citrus notes.

I like alot of Hops in my beers to I have added both the Hop teabag to the Fermenter today. As per the instructions I put the bags in a cup each of hot water and let them steep for ten minutes.

Then added the teabags and liquor to the fermenting bin, so now I have the added hoppyness  of Summit and Simco hops floating around in the fermenter.

The smell is lovely bubbling out the top of the Airlock. Just have to wait until it stops fermenting.


No comments:

Post a Comment