Wednesday 4 June 2014

Equipment : New Boiler 40 litre Buffalo (to do 40 pint batches)


Nice new 40 litre boiler £145 delivered from Nisbets in their sale, I have been using the 20 liter version of this boiler for quite a while now, and now I have the Brewery all set up, I thought it was about time I upgraded to a bigger boiler so I can do full 23 litre batches of BIAB beer.





Got my mother to make me a nice new bigger BIAB bag as well. It's fantastic, nice and heavy duty to cope with the bigger grain bills.

Full webbing handles and seam reinforcements and it fits the boiler like a glove.




Did a couple of electrical modifications to the Boiler before it's first use, changed the Thermal fuse and switch to higher rated ones, and added some insulation to the temperature sensor. See this Forum topic. Did these even before my 1st brew with it, as a just in case, cover all bases type thing as I didn't want the boiler playing up on my brewday.

No comments:

Post a Comment