Thursday 3 July 2014

Brewday: Pea Pod & Raisin Wine

Brought back quite a few peas from down the Allotment and sat and shelled them all in the sunshine. Got 500g of shelled peas. Bagged up 250g for the freezer, and the rest we had for dinner. Lovely they were as well with a few sprigs of Mint from the garden.

So I was left with 658g of pea pods and not that I have ever tried Pea Pod wine, it is supposed to be quite nice so I thought I would give it a go.






  • Simmered the Pea Pods in my big pan for 20 minutes with enough water to cover them. (lid on) 
  • Added 450g of Raisins and 1 kg of Sugar to my 5 litre fermenting bucket.
  • Poured over the hot liquid from the boiled Pea Pods
  • Stirred until the Sugar was dissolved
  • Topped up to the 5 litre mark on the bucket with boiling water.
  • Left it all to cool 
  • Added 1 tsp of Pectolase
  • Then added 1 tsp of Yeast
So it's now fermenting away quite happy. I'll leave this to ferment in the bucket now for a week or so then transfer to a Demijohn.


No comments:

Post a Comment