Sunday 23 April 2017

Fermenting : Coopers Gir Kesar (Mango Lager)

The Coopers Gir Kesar (Mango Lager) is brewing after a 4 days in the No-Chill Cube.

I made up a new 1 litre starter with some wort saved from the brewday, from the yeast bank of Safale US-05 as I decanted some into a new vial so I had some better quality yeast banked.

The second vial of yeast looks a lot better than the first on the left. I'm still getting my processes sorted for the Yeast Store and learning as I go.
Still this beer is being fermented using one of the March US-05 vials, just to see if it works.

Ended up with 20 litres into the fermenter at 1.038 SG and after 12 hours or so, we have fermentation taking place, the beer should be around 3.5% approx before adding in the Mango Pulp. Adding a full 850g can of pulp will add about 170g of fermentable sugar so that will not increase the final ABV all that much, which is what I am after, a light fruity summer beer, still not sure if I'll add one or both tins of Mango yet. The current plan is to let the yeast ferment the wort into beer, taste, add one tin of mango, re-taste, leave to ferment out, taste again, then maybe add the other tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment